As per the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government of India released on Monday 4th April 2016, following are the top ten management Institutes in India:
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- International Management Institute, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
From Mumbai, SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR) has been ranked sixteenth (Category A -institutions that are engaged in research and teaching) amongst the top 50 Management Institutes. The NIRF website enlists all details in the Ranking Framework for Management pdf (picture below is a screen shot from the pdf on NIRF website) on the various parameters used for ranking giving a better insight into various aspects right from teaching to research to perception of each institute ranked. Such complete study and published information makes the ranking reliable unlike various rankings that are found on the website with no relevant information to support them.
Besides management, the other ranking lists for higher studies include Universities (Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Rank 2), Engineering (Indian Institute of Technology IIT Bombay, Rank 2) and Pharmacy (Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai, Rank 6).
I am glad that I was associated with SPJIMR and currently a part of PGPMX, IIM Indore (Mumbai Campus), and I really did like the NIRF AV presentation on the Top Ten Management Institutes for the year 2016.
I look forward towards more rankings like the best Medical Institutes and many others in the near future.