Third year in a row, yes, I did find time to attend Kala Ghoda Arts Festival this year. 10 AM sharp on 15th Feb – last day of the fest – I was at Kala Ghoda (Mumbai), no queue…and thanks to the cricket match…few people…less crowded…enough space to roam…appreciate the art, admire the display and peacefully shop at the stalls!
So, what was different?
The art displays…and some new stalls…and the brand placements – OLX.in, National Geographic Channel and Fortis Hospitals (No Smoking and Organ Donation)
What I remember?
The art displays…
- Clock Web
- Wheel of Virtue
- First 3 D Printed Installation
- Ethno Mod
- Bleed Blue
- Tinge of Frame
- The Cycling Tree
- Ek hota kaao
- Clean Mumbai by Hindustan Times
- Touch the threads of Life
- Sparsh Car
- Amby Sad Err
- The Reverie Wagon (Hand Cart of Hope)
- Om Creations Trust Hand
- Cube of Connection
- Hug The World
- Save Paper (Twisted Paper)
- Fabricated Spirits
And the amazing Rajasthani Thali Lunch at Chetna’s Thali Restuarant!
And some interesting visiting cards…
- Wonky Works: The leaflet beautifully made into a paper boat
- Frogg Mag: A larger size visiting card plus mini brochure
- Chappers: Card in the form of Kolhapuri Chappal
- For D’ Love Of Art: Visiting Card in the size of a book mark
- And Bargain Book Hut: Not for the card but for the cool book prizes!
My shopoholism took me to all stalls…but the stuff I took…good stuff…creative stuff…and most importantly, within my budget…belonged to Frog Mag, Sky Goodies, Pawan Emporium, Mojari Shop (can’t recall the name) and The Research Society for the Care, Treatment & Training of Children In Need of Special Care.
For those who have missed…don’t miss it next year!